Tree and Shrub Care Near Me
Ornamentals that frame your yard provide shade, ambiance, and even a bump in the value of your home! The value of the trees and shrubs around your home cannot be overstated. But caring for these various plant species requires years of specialized education and experience, which isn’t in the wheelhouse of most homeowners. That’s why we’re here!
Our International Society of Arboriculture-Certified Arborists and New Jersey Licensed Tree Experts are equipped to:
- Give the specific care that each species requires.
- Fertilize your ornamentals through targeted root injections.
- Protect your trees and shrubs from species-specific pests and diseases.
- Give your ornamentals a boost for winter dormancy.
- And more!
Get a Free Estimate
Our Complete Tree Care Program
All our tree and shrub care are custom-tailored to the plants growing on your lawn, but our 6-step program ensures that every aspect of your ornamentals’ health is looked after. Our licensed arborist and tree experts visit your property every few weeks to administer specialized treatments, as well as to track the health and growth of your plants.
Our 6-Step Tree Care Program includes:
- Spring Dormant Oil Application: Many insects lay eggs on tree bark and leaves in the fall so the eggs can survive the winter and hatch come spring. We apply dormant oil that suffocates many of these pests, drastically reducing the number your trees will have to put up with.
- Spring Root Zone Fertilization: We inject specialized fertilizer directly into the root zone of your ornamentals, providing essential nutrients to your trees, which in turn reduces stress and spurs spring flourishing.
- Spring Foliage Protection: This preemptive application protects the leaves of your trees from common pests that feed on landscape ornamentals.
- Early Summer Foliage Protection: Our early summer treatment is more targeted; we identify areas of a possible infestation and then treat them to both get rid of and repel pests.
- Summer Foliage Protection: As pestilent insects become most active mid-summer, we apply additional protection to keep insects away and reduce stress on your ornamentals.
- Late-Season Foliage Protection: Along with specialized treatments for late-season pests, we fortify your ornamentals for winter with horticultural oils and fertilizer.
The needs of your trees and shrubs change with every season—from the types of nutrients most in demand to the species of pestilent insect reaching maturity. Our 6-step program meets these needs at every turn. So many touchpoints throughout the season allow us to get to know your trees, which helps us diagnose and remedy ailments long before they become an issue.
Additional Tree and Shrub Services
Just like trees come in all shapes and sizes, so do the ways we care for them. We offer a variety of additional and targeted tree and shrub care services that protect, nourish, and flourish your ornamentals, such as:
- Dormant Oil Application: To keep damaging insects like mites and scales from nesting in your trees, we apply dormant oil at temperatures just above freezing.
- Hemlock Treatment: We protect your hemlocks from Hemlock Scale and Wooly Adelgid with specialized injections that safeguard your hemlock for the duration of the growing season.
- Fall Fertilization: We prepare your ornamentals for winter with key nutrients they need to weather the frigid months.
- Specialized Sprays: To aid new ornamentals in recovery after being transplanted, we use tailored sprays that stimulate root growth and balance any nutrient deficiencies.
- Plant Regulators: We combine 5 important hormones to spur root growth, bud development, flowering, and more.
- Bark Sprays: Wood-boring insects can do some of the worst damage to ornamentals. Precisely timed bark spraying repels these insects so they don’t even get a foothold.
- Trunk Injections: When wood-boring insects are already feeding on your trees, we use specialized pesticide injections into the trunk of the affected tree to minimize the harm to the local environment.
Suffice it to say, whatever your trees and shrubs need, we will supply it. And if you ever notice something is off about your ornamentals, we offer free service calls between scheduled visits. Give us a call and we’ll be there within 24 hours to investigate and help protect your trees’ health.
Only the Best Arborists
We’re proud to not just offer expertise in tree care, but top-of-the-line expertise. Our department head for Tree and Shrub Care is an International Society of Arboriculture-Certified Arborists. And the department is rounded out by three New Jersey-Licensed Tree Experts. It’s hard to beat that much expertise in one company. When you call Harvest for tree and shrub care, you can rest assured that your ornamentals are in good hands.
Nurturing Trees and Shrubs Since 1990
In more than 30 years of tree and shrub care, we’ve learned the ins and outs of premier tree care and customer service. Though we take great pride in our work and how we’ve served our fellow New Jerseyans over the years, we always recognize there’s more to learn. That’s why we back all our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll do whatever is necessary to make it right.